Video CD Package Feature:
- The product consists of one Video CD and its corresponding teaching materials.
- The content of the Video CD is the demonstration and disintegrated movements of Simplified Chen style Tai chi Chuan. In the book, each form is illustrated in detail, including its characteristics, technical key points and other aspects to be paid attention to, etc.
- The Simplified Chen Tai Chi version includ 56 Forms.
- The Video CD is appropriate for Tai Chi Chuan beginners.
The Structure Of Simplified Chen Tai Chi:
- Traditional characteristics
The competition routine of Chen style Tai Chi Chuan was created based on the traditional Chen style. It has the characters of the flexibility and the twining silk force of the first routine and feature of emitting the springing force of the second routine. We can say that the competition routine of Chen style Tai Chi Chuan comes from the tradition one both in its form of movements and in its structure because it preserves the essential movements and the sequence of the traditional Chen style.
The sequences of the movements are designed and arranged according to the difficulty, and the majority of the movements are designed on both left and right postures in order to develop the balance while achieving an overall workout. Throughout the routine, the movements in the first segment are silk reeling and supple while the second segment consists of the agile footwork and the continuous application of the force and the third segment emphasizes the difficult moves such as “Bai Lian Die Cha” (the lotus kicking and the dropping into the splits), and the fourth section consists of movements that require the application of the force and jumps with the changes between obviousness and slightness, hardness and softness, quickness and slowness.
The Technique Of Simplified Chen Tai Chi
- Chen style Tai Chi Chuan can de mainly categorized into two routines. The first routine consists of the simple movements and emphasizes the flexibility over hardness. The second routine is more complicated with a lot of difficult movements. The competition routine of Chen style Tai Chi Chuan was created from the basic structure of the traditional one and after a thorough filtration, it developed its own characteristics: The movements are spiraling, circling, stamping and jumping; the force in the movements is well balanced between softness and hardness, fast and slow, relaxed and springing; the momentum in the movements requires the sudden changes that can be “quiet as the mountain” or “forceful as the lightning”; the process of performing needs to rotate “Dan Tian” internally like reeling the silk; the speed of performing combines fast and slow. Even when you stop the movements, you need to let your mind continue moving. When training, start from the softness, and gradually to the hardness till you reach the point where the two can be balanced.
About Tai Chi Chuan Information, Please refer:
What is Tai Chi Chuan and its genre origin?
Media: Video CD And Book
Language: English & Chinese
Note: Attached in our Video CDs is a player software free from installation for convenient watching. Open the Video CDs and click the video-play icon to run automatically. Of course, if you like you may open it with other video playing software or Media Play of Microsoft. It can be played with QuickTime on Macintosh platform or with DVD and Video CD Player at home.